Teach with NYC Yoga Project
NYC Yoga Project is looking for yoga teachers who are passionate about leading and being of service to underserved New Yorkers. Auditions for new teachers are held every summer. As a teacher for NYC Yoga Project, you must:
- Have completed a 200-hour certified yoga teacher training
- Have current personal liability insurance
- Have current CPR certification
- Be currently working as a yoga teacher
- Be willing to provide two references
- Be willing to submit to a NYS background check
NYC Yoga Project teachers will receive internal and external training integral to executing our programming. Teachers also receive a modest stipend and other benefits for being part of our team.
Join the Advisory board
The NYC Yoga Project Advisory Board is a volunteer group comprised of successful New York City-based business and community members. The Advisory Council strengthens NYC Yoga Project by providing advice, connections, and support to its governing board and executive staff. If you or someone you know might be a good fit for our Advisory Board, we’d love to hear from you!
Become a Yoga Studio Partner
NYC Yoga Project partners with local yoga studios that are passionate about supporting underserved New Yorkers. Yoga studios can support NYC Yoga Project by:
- Sharing NYC Yoga Project announcements with their community
- Hosting a donation-based yoga class
- Hosting a yoga mat drive
- Offering discounted yoga classes to students from our Impact Program
- Offering discounted workshops to NYC Yoga Project teachers
- Encouraging leaders in your community to serve as mentors in our Mentorship Program
- Offering a 200-hour yoga teacher training scholarship to one of our Outreach Partner students
If you own a yoga studio and would like to support NYC Yoga Project, click the link below to connect.